Thursday, March 24, 2011

Update

One of the downsides (and there are several) of having more than one blog is there is a danger of accidentally co-mingling posts, which is what I did on Monday of this week. I intended to enter the post you see below this one on this blog but mistakenly entered it onto The WWIG Blog. It's here now.

I haven't been posted for quite a while but haven't been wasting my time either. I have spent almost entire days working on getting my web gallery ready for introduction to my totally indifferent public (ed., in case you don't recognize it, this is attempted sardonic humor). Getting the images prepared properly has been a long and tedious process, but entering them has been very daunting indeed. Using  WordPress software is entirely Terra Incognita for me and at this point I have to memorize the steps rather than understanding the process. The problem with this approach is that my memory often fails and to get back on track I have to resort to unappealing solutions like calling someone for help-- about as appealing as asking for directions from strangers or at a gas station when I'm  lost while travelling. My other time-killing project is that I have been trying to learn and use ProShow Gold to make a slide show. The slide show part isn't too hard but syncing the music has been a very difficult task. I initially had some help from my friend Ben Stern, but one  can only lean on others so much. I'm floundering but should be able to make it work eventually. I snowed here yesterday and the garden is completely covered. Good! This means I don't have to look at the mess and start thinking with dread of spring cleanup.

Tomorrow Susann and I will be going to New York to attend the wedding of her nephew Rick Ordower. Allison, Dave and Damian will be there, but neither Brad nor Charlie will-- one is being exposed to radiation in Japan --albeit low grade-- and the other is being exposed to Hamas rockets in Israel.   I'll be there for 4 days and hope to resume blogging when I return.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment