Sunday, March 13, 2011

Japan

After posting the prior message I opened the NYTimes site just to get an early morning update and to see if there had been any further developments in Japan. As you may know the situation is in flux and there is mounting concern about 2 nuclear reactors. I haven't talked to Charlie directly-- the 15 hour time difference especially with me on the road makes it difficult-- but Susann has kept in daily contact and Charlie has been considerate about keeping us updated. One complicating factor is that baby Hannah (7 months old) was or still is in the hospital for several days with what turned out to be a viral disease. The concern that required hospitalization was high fever and dehydration. Discharge yesterday was anticipated but I don't know if it occurred.

Susann and I are very deeply moved by the many phone calls and e-mails received expressing concern for Charles and his family. I will try to learn more as the day progresses and update this blog when I do.
Byron

1 comment: