Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan II

I arrived home during the early morning hours on Monday after approximately a 16 hour marathon drive across the length of  Illinois-- and it is a very long State-- as well as portions of Missouri, Iowa and Wisconsin. I've been preoccupied with getting my life reordered since. One happy note is that I've discovered that I didn't damage or lose a single piece of photo gear, which is, I think, a first for trips like this one. I've already ordered a new pair of glasses to replace the ones I lost in Louisiana.

As you know, the news from Japan becomes more distressing every day. Charlie, Kaori and Hannah and our concerns about the uncertainty for those in Japan preoccupies us. Like the Japanese people themselves we can only wait and cope. We realize that our worries, while very legitimate to us, are minor compared to those whose live have been so tragically effected by the disaster.

We again want everyone who has expressed concern and extended wishes for the well being of  our family to know how grateful we are for your kindness and good will.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment