Thursday, March 10, 2011

Interesting Travel Factoid

I have several posts simmering on the stove-- in other words composed in my mind but needing to actually be written-- but (to continue the overdone metaphor) not ready to plate and serve. Time is running out and I have to get going if I am going to achieve today's tour goal which is to visit the towns and bayous of South Louisiana so that I may get in touch with my Cajun roots (the Jewish branch of Acadia, of course). In case it hasn't been mentioned, I'm currently in Lafayette LA which seems to be a very nice city.

Here is the interesting fact for tourists. In Santa Fe I stayed in a B&B-- a nice place with a very friendly and accommodating family at an attractive price. I found the B&B through a website recommended by Mel Annis called Airbnb. Anyone who uses the Internet for buying goods and services is familiar with the customer option of rating or reviewing the vendor. Today I encountered a first: I was sent email notification that the homeowner had rated ME of all things and was sent a link to her comments. Fortunately, I did pass muster as a guest, but I must say that this is a bit eeire. Will my children be making contributions to my political dossier-- the US version of my Stassi files any time soon?
More later, preferably about more pertinent topics.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment