Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Across Iowa and Half of Nebraska

I actually hold Iowa and Nebraska-- not to mention most of the other States of the American heartland; there is not much one can say about the experience of hurtling down an Interstate during mid-February in these States. It was boring but I covered lots of ground and managed to listen to much of my current AudioBook Mr. Peanut.

I've had an interesting insight about selecting gear for a long roadtrip like this one and that is how much one's decisions conform to Parkinson's Law ("The amount of work expended on a task is directly proportional to the amount of time available"). During every phase of packing for the trip each time I had to decide whether or not to take an item I inevitably decided to take rather than leave thinking "what the hell... I've got a minivan and there's plenty of room" until, of course, the space available was filled.

Almost no photos on day #1 except for this faux-diner:

Maid-Rite  DesMoines IA

 Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment