Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm On My Way

I had considered leaving La Crosse today but chose instead to stay at home and clean up all pending loose ends and to very carefully pack and organize my kit (this word is a British/Australian affectation, which is a synonym for gear). I'll post about my automobile later. Briefly I recently purchased a minivan, not because it is a cool ride, but because it is the more or less perfect vehicle for the road trips that I have done in the past and plan to keep doing for as long as they are enjoyable. Yesterday I spent a good deal of time removing the middle seats and making a new floor. Again I 'll explain this in future posts. I still have a few things to do this evening so I don't want to spend much time blogging.

I plan to get an early start in the morning and will drive west until I get tired. I'll spend the night somewhere in Nebraska. Lincoln is about 8hours away and North Platt is 11 hours. Kearney, where I stayed previously, is in between. The weather for the next several days should be just about perfect, including the mountain passes and Colorado and the Southern Plains. The good driving conditions will allow me to alter my route so that I can stop in Glenwood Springs, CO to spend a couple of days with Allison, Dave and Damian.

Stay tuned.
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment